|• Toroidal design.
• Supplied with 24" insulated secondary leads, terminated with crimped ring connectors.
• Suitable for use with bare (un insulated) primary conductor in circuits up to 600 V (4 KV Hi pot); or at higher voltages when a suitably insulated conductor is used.
• All units have 5 A secondary for use with standard AC ammeters with 5 A movements.
• Two hole mounting bracket on all models.
• UL E227616 volume #1 file number X0DW2.
|• To obtain current measurement:
1 Pass the wire carrying the current to be measured through the window of the CT transformer (acting as a primary winding).
2 Connect the CT secondary to an ammeter with a 5 A movement,
• For higher accuracy or higher VA burden rating:
1 Choose a CT with a primary which is a multiple of the required primary rating and which has the accuracy or VA burden you require.
2 Loop the wire carrying the current to be measured through window a number of times equal to the multiple. This "winding" will reduce the ration back to required primary rating.