• Designed for EMI / RFI shielding applications - using conductive plastic (a compound of plastic and stainless steel fibers).
• Attractively styled and ergonomically designed for use as a "hand-held" instrument enclosure.
• Moulded from a compound of stainless steel fibers and flame retardant ABS plastic (material carries a UL flammability rating of 94V-0).
• Recessed top for membrane display or pad.
• Lap joint construction provides protection against dust accumulation and splashing water.
• Extra deep top and ultra shallow base are specifically designed to enhance the aesthetics of the enclosure and provide the user with flexibility and assembly efficiency.
• Designed to meet IP54.
• Note: Material is brittle - acts like Phenolic - Not for high impact use.
• Lid is secured with Philips machine screws, threaded into tapped integral brass bushings. Perfect for applications with repetitive assembly and disassembly are required.
• For non-shielded applications, try the 1599 Series.
Product Safety Notes
• Conductive plastic is NOT an insulator - these enclosures must be treated like a metal enclosure.
• Conductive plastic with act as an heating element - any significant current flow will cause the plastic to heat and produce smoke.