• Designed for EMI / RFI Shielding applications - using a conductive plastic (a compound of plastic and stainless steel fibers).
• Electronic instrument enclosures, ideally suited for mounting printed circuit boards.
• Thick wall design with an average wall thickness of 0.13" (3.3mm).
• Moulded from a compound of stainless steel fibers and flame retardant ABS plastic (carries a UL flammability rating of 94V-0).
• Designed to meet IP54.
• Note: Material is brittle - acts like phenolic - Not for high impact use.
• Countersink lid is secured with four M3 x 0.50 - 0.71" (18mm) long, Philips machine screws threaded into integral brass bushings. Perfect for applications with repetitive assembly and disassembly are required.
• Black with matte textured finish.
• Replacement screws sold in packs of 100. Part number 1594MS100.
Product Safety Notes
• Conductive plastic is NOT an insulator - these enclosures must be treated like a metal enclosure.
• Conductive plastic with act as a heating element - any significant current flow will cause the plastic to heat and produce smoke.